Join us for an evening of great shows & fun after-party!
Get inspired by Emilie's amazing students! Explore new possibilities and get motivated! Is dance something you'd really like to try but don't know where to get started? The dance show will fuel your creative, sassy self with performances by Emilie's adult classes: Hip Hop, Reggaeton, Sass, Salsaton, Dancehall, Street Dance, Burlesque, Heels, BPM Dance Troupe... The Dance Show will take place on Thursday, June 28 in the Main Hall of the Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group (GNAG), located at 175 Third Avenue, at the corner of Lyon and Third. Admission is free and doors open at 7:15 PM.
2) BURLESQUE LEVEL 1
✿ RAFFLE ✿
4) DANCEHALL FUNK
✿ RAFFLE ✿
6) HIP HOP LEVEL 2
7) STREET DANCE LEVEL 2
8) SASS LEVEL 2
9) BPM DANCE TROUPE
Raffle! Over $1,000 in prizes! Raffle tickets on sale before the show. Remember to bring cash. There is no ATM at GNAG. Raffle tickets are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5. Thank you to our sponsors! 🎟SnapHappyOttawa photography gift certificate valued at over $300 🎟Gift basket valued at $100 from McKeen Metro Glebe 🎟$100 in gift cards for the After Party at Pints and Quarts 🎟Gift certificate for a nutritional assessment with Pamela Groh Nutrition from Docere Naturopathic Clinic & IV Lounge 🎟Gift card and gift from Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's 🎟Private dance lesson with Emilie Phaneuf 🎟Passes to the National Gallery Of Canada.
Parking in the Glebe can be a challenge, so carpooling is recommended. Limited free parking is available in front of GNAG: 2 accessible and 15 regular parking spots are available, but these fill up fast on event nights. Parking is free on side streets, give yourself at least 15 minutes to find parking. A list of paid parking locations and public transit options is available on the Glebe BIA’s website: https://intheglebe.ca/around-the-glebe/getting-around/
After Party at Pints and Quarts (P&Q), located at 779 Bank Street, near Bank and Second Avenue. It’s a 5-minute walk from GNAG. Wear comfortable shoes and expect lots of dancing!
TIPS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
· Give yourself at least 15 minutes to find parking.
· Admission is first come, first served. Dancers may not “reserve seats” for family and friends. Doors open at 7:15 PM. Arrive early if you want front-row seats.
· For raffle tickets, please remember to bring cash. There is no ATM at GNAG. Raffle tickets are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5.
· Performances are filmed by our videographer. If you want to leave the Mail Hall during the show, do so between performances. Each performance lasts approximately 2 minutes.
· Show the dancers some love! Many of them are performing for the first time and will appreciate hearing and seeing the support of an enthusiastic audience!
TIPS FOR DANCERS
· The dance show is organised entirely by volunteers, please help with either setup or tear down. Setup begins at 6:00pm.
· Admission is first come, first served. Dancers may not “reserve seats” for family and friends. Doors open at 7:15 PM. Ask your family and friends to arrive early if they want front-row seats.
· Arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled rehearsal. If you’re unable to come to rehearsal, please notify Emilie as soon as possible.
Rehearsal schedule for the show
6:40 Hip Hop level 2
6:45 Sass level 2
6:50 Dancehall Funk
6:55 Street Dance level 2
7:00 BPM Dance Troupe
· If you’re performing in Street Dance, Dancehall or Hip Hop routines, remember to bring your hat.
· To purchase raffle tickets, remember to bring cash. There is no ATM at GNAG. Raffle tickets are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5.
· Bring your water bottle and a snack. Water fountains are located near the washrooms if you need to refill.
· If you need to exit the Main Hall during the performance, use the side exit door located near the dancer’s area.
· If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you’re unable to come to the show, notify Emilie as soon as possible.
· Remember to relax and have fun! This night is for YOU! Fellow dancers, family and friends are here to support you!
Summer session starts July 4th.